Development of eco-friendly products
HL Mando develops parts used in eco-friendly vehicles, reaching new heights for the era of eco-friendly vehicles.
Development direction for eco-friendly vehicle parts
As we switch from mechanical and hydraulic parts to electronic control parts, we replace the disappearing power sources such as the cylinder air pressure with the motor power for eco-friendly vehicles and dramatically improve the installation to significantly contribute to bringing eco-friendly vehicles to life. In addition, a wide range of R&D activities are carried out towards curtailing the fuel consumption of the existing products or reducing the emissions of hazardous substances.
Risk & Impact
- Reinforcement of the external demand of eco-friendly products
- In excess of the particulate matter standards due to product use
- Acquisition of the competitive edge in products related to eco-friendly vehicles such as hydrogen vehicles and electric vehicles
- Preemptive response to vehicle-related environmental laws
- Expansion of hydrogen vehicle infrastructure
- Reinforcement of the research and development of eco-friendly vehicle parts
- Development of products designed to reduce environmental pollution, such as the particulate matter and greenhouse gases generated from the existing parts
- 20% of the xEV program sales
- 61% of the electronic control product sales
- Over 40% of the xEV program sales in 2025
- Over 70% of the electronic control product sales in 2025
In addition to developing the parts for eco-friendly vehicles such as hydrogen vehicles and electric vehicles, HL Mando also reinforces its R&D to reduce the environmental pollution caused by the existing auto parts.
Going forward, the company will continue to expand its business area to encompass the infrastructure service field for eco-friendly technology and build the eco-friendly vehicle infrastructure. As a result, it will transform its business structure further oriented towards eco-friendly mobility as part of its plan to increase the sales proportion of xEV models to account for over 40% by 2025.
Eco-friendly vehicle products
Eco-friendly vehicle products
The global automobile market is focused on eco-friendly energy vehicles and autonomous driving technology. HL Mando continues to expand its portfolio of eco-friendly auto parts, such as the fuel cell DC-DC converter (FDC) and bidirectional high-voltage DC-DC converter (BHDC) and develops products designed to bring forth eco-friendly vehicles to preemptively deal with the future automobile market.
In particular, the integrated dynamic brake (IDB) is HL Mando's leading technology as a necessary part of eco-friendly and autonomous vehicles. IDB2, which offers an improved IDB performance, has made the package more compact, improved mountability with a prefabricated design, and enhanced smartness with integrated control technology.
The product to improve mileage
Continuous efforts are being made around the world to reduce GHG emissions that directly affect global warming. HL Mando continues to develop the technology designed to improve the fuel efficiency not only for eco-friendly vehicles but also for vehicles with internal combustion engines every year.
Low Drag Caliper, one of the products currently under development, is expected to reduce carbon dioxide by 0.75g per 1km.
Pollutant reduction products
Since 2019, HL Mando has formed a consortium under the supervision of the Ministry of Trade, Industry, and Energy to implement the national project of “Reducing particulate matters from non-exhaust pipes in the transportation sector.”
To brace up for laws related to brake wear and dust in advance, which are expected to be announced, we plan to develop prototypes through collaboration at home and abroad to ensure that eco-friendly vehicles are commercialized by 2023.